We Hate Heroin - Facebook
Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration: www.samhsa.gov
Hope Heals - Facebook
PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS
WI United We Can provides educational opportunities for families, organizations, businesses, and schools about addiction and its impacts on our families and communities
Contact Kris at firstname.lastname@example.org Also www.wisconsinunitedwecan.org/facebook
FACTS FOR FAMILIES
To support individuals who have chosen to abstain, or are considering
abstinence from any type of addictive behaviors (substances or activities), by teaching how to change self-defeating thinking, emotions, and actions; and to work towards long-term satisfactions and quality of life.
* Teaches self-empowerment and self-reliance.
* Encourages individuals to recover and live satisfying lives.
* Teaches tools and techniques for self-directed change.
* Meetings are educational and include open discussions.
* Advocates the appropriate use of prescribed medications and psychological treatments.
* Evolves as scientific knowledge of addiction recovery evolves.